Barcelona the babymoon
Travel date : 8 to 10 July 2011
Weather : very warm summer
Aristol Hotel : Hop On Hop Off bus line
I was 13 weeks pregnant when we went to Barcelona. Sorry hubby I do remember being lazy and crancky( cried for no reason). But that’s ok because we happy with the fact that we expecting a baby boy.
Places of interest
1. Sagrada di Familia – I think hubby not interested with this one because it’s a churh. But I’ve been here with Rhea before. Might cover this one in that entry later.
2. Camp Nou – Hubby love this. I think it cost €20 each for entrance. Does not matter as long as he’s happy with the museum tour.
3. Parc Guell – This place is amazing. Parc Güell is a large garden with architectural elements, located in the upper part of Barcelona. It was designed as a housing development by the architect Antoni Gaudí, the greatest exponent of Catalan Art Nouveau, at the behest of the businessman Eusebi Güell. It was built between 1900 and 1914 and inaugurated as a public park in 1922. In 1984, UNESCO included Parc Güell within the “Works of Antoni Gaudí” Human Heritage Site.
4. La Ramlas – Food heaven. Lots of tropical fruits like watermelon,mango,pineapples
6. Beach – Lots of halal food at the beach. I think it’s called Barceloneta. I remember it was a really warm sunny day when we were there. We come often to have dinner here.
7. Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau – Our hotel is very close to this hospital. The Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau is one of the most representative works of the architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner, a contemporary of Gaudí who also designed the Palau de la Música. The architectural site was declared a Human Heritage site by UNESCO in 1997.
8. Olympic Port - Hosting the Olympic Games in 1992 involved a tremendous urban transformation for the city. The construction of the Olympic Village was the most radical transformation, accompanied by the recovery of part of the seafront, bringing new beaches to the city and creating a new marina: the Olympic Port. Nearby, there is a large area of restaurants and two of the most significant buildings of Olympic Barcelona: the Mapfre Tower and the Hotel Arts, which, due to their heights and significance, are two of the icons of the Barcelona of today.
We actually take the bus tour during the short trip. The main reason is this pregnant lady is too lazy too walk. But we actually cover a lot during the trip.
Instagram : Sitihajar_noor